- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.2lzcOnhH.dpuf Nothing but Delicious: New Life and a Goat Cheese Round Up

New Life and a Goat Cheese Round Up

"When a goat likes a book, the whole book is gone, and the meaning has to go find an author again." 
-William Stafford
Today I've cooped myself up inside, dreading the foreboding chance of snow. I thought I'd share some photos of Springtime with you, as a sort of hopeful wishing.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I love goats from here to eternity. They're playful and clever, and if raised properly, sweet as any animal can be. Goats and their cheese never fail to bring a smile to my face, and I could really use a smile today, you know?
I took these photos in the Spring of 2010 at Noble Springs Dairy Farm, which is right outside of Franklin, Tenn. It's owned by Dustin and Justyne Noble, who, by the way, met at the American Dairy Goat Association National show- how cute is that?

They do private tours of the farm and if you'd like to go on one (which I highly recommend) you can email Dustin[at]noble-springs[dot]com.
So until happier weather graces us again, here are a few of my favorite goat cheese recipes. Hopefully they will bring a smile to your face, too.

Beet, Goat Cheese and Walnut Tart
Roasted Zucchini, Black Bean and Goat Cheese Enchiladas
Baked Goat Cheese with Kalamata Olive Marinara
Goat Cheese Panna Cotta
Goat Cheese Cake with Mixed Berries 
Coconut Cupcakes with Cardamom Goat Cheese Frosting

3 comments:

the vanilla bean blog said...

Thanks for including me in your round-up! I love your goat pictures. :)

Kirsten said...

The hair on the goat in that second picture is just too much! And the babies, aaaaah! Adorable!

Unknown said...

OMG somehow I missed this post. Those goats are amazing!!! What incredible photos.

Post a Comment