- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.2lzcOnhH.dpuf Nothing but Delicious: Thai Food is Delicious: Coconut Coffee

Thai Food is Delicious: Coconut Coffee


Oh my goodness gracious, do I ever love Thai food.
It reminds me of long, cold winters in Boston when it would snow so hard that I couldn't see my hand in front of my face, and yet the Thai restaurants would deliver to my apartment, always with a smile on the delivery man's face. My roommate and I would sit in the middle of our tiny living room in our pajamas (as far away from the drafty windows as possible) and let the spicy goodness warm us up from the inside out.
Last night I visited my favorite Thai restaurant in Nashville, Thai Phoo Ket. While we were waiting for our dinner I told my boyfriend, "This is one of the things that I am very thankful for- to have a delicious Thai restaurant so close to my house that is open late!"
We shared summer rolls and Tom Kha and I had some Pad See-Ew, most of which I took home for dinner tonight.
My boyfriend, thoughtful as he is, actually bought me Thai cooking lessons at Whole Foods in Green Hills for Christmas last year. It was a great time and I would recommend it to anyone, but the lesson I learned from it is this: let the Thai restaurants handle the Thai cooking! Finding the ingredients alone is enough to make a lazy person like myself go crazy.
What I like best about Thai food is its balance of, well, things. It is sweet, spicy, salty, tangy, subtle, fresh, slow-cooked, light and rich all at the same time. How is this possible? I don't care how, it's delicious. The only Thai ingredient that I dare to use at home is coconut milk. It's excellent poured over fried rice or in chocolate pudding. But lately it's been hot here in Nashville and today was the first truly muggy day, a sign that summer is upon us.
I made coffee this morning and didn't have time to grab any before I left for work. When I got home, it was cold and stale. But do you know what? I poured it over ice with some coconut milk and agave nectar and it was...delicious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying this right now! I'm SO into iced coffee lately.

Unknown said...

Yummy! And we share the same choices; when I order something like Pad See Ew, I want to partner it up with another soup like Tom Kha Gai. You’re quite lucky to have a Thai restaurant nearby. That’s the thing with foreign cuisines isn’t it? Trying to find ingredients can be quite time-consuming, you need to brush up on where the local Thai grocery is and other things like that.

Baan Thai Restaurants in Victoria

Post a Comment